Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Feverish Thoughts from a Tired Mind

--> I’ve been running a fever, dealing with chills, and an achy body for two days.  If I am being examined by one of the “western” docs - he is befuddled and wondering if I have a hidden infection and the “alternative” docs, think this is all symptomatic of my body detoxing.  Either way they are showing great concern and care for me.

I have found life to be a little spiritually dry at this place.  Even though a guy comes on Sunday morning, and another gal leads something on Wednesday, it is like bringing in the T-Ball players for a Major League game.  These two have great hearts, but they are not speaking to my needs.  So I went over to Oasis of Hope, the clinic where I had originally planned on staying.  I wandered through the halls until I found the patients, got to know a couple of them, and then asked about the spiritual climate there.  What they shared was so encouraging that I have returned for the 10 AM worship time and intend on going to their Sunday service. I love how God provides.  (I’ve only been able to go once because this fever has slowed me down.) Another nice thing will be that an Orphanage nearby will come and pick some of us up on Sunday so we can get a tour and the kids can pray for us.  (They always need food.  So if you see this before Saturday, try to contact my brother Steve or my friend Marta so that they can bring the food up when they visit on Saturday/Sunday.)

There are those things that I will miss when I leave here, and those things that I will not miss.

I will miss;
*A daily view of the ocean, walks on the boardwalk, watching dolphins and sea lions.
*New friends made here, great healing conversations, Canasta games (yes Sundins, let’s continue in Whittier – though I think it will be a game of three, with Dave adding comic relief.)
*Someone doing my laundry each day, cleaning my room, making my bed, cooking all my meals, making all my drinks.
*Diligence of doctors and nurses to make sure I complete all of my treatments.  (I chose not to do the Full Body Hyperthermia today since I’m already running a fever.  I actually had to sign off on a paper that I changed my protocol!)
*The amazing state-of-the-art biological dentistry here at “Mexico” costs.  Incredible.  I am coming back!
*An avocado almost everyday!  Yum.

I will not miss:
*The loud motorcycles screaming up and down the street in the wee hours of the morning; car horns going off for minutes at a time when I’m trying to sleep.
*Green drinks –  I am getting my fill of them, and I suppose I need to keep making and drinking them when I get home.  Really tired of the 4 glasses a day.
*Having my vitals taken 4 or 5 times a day.
*Undressing and dressing so many times each day for the treatments.
*Having so many conversations with “cancer” as the main topic.
*The pain I feel for staff that work such long hours here.  It seems so wrong, especially when there are little kids at home who must never see their moms and dads.
*Long days with few breaks.  I think when I get home I will sleep for three days straight.
*Missing my husband, kids, home, church, neighbors, chicken, bed.  Two weeks is the optimum amount of time for me to be away.  Three weeks is tough.
*Throwing used toilet paper into trashcans rather than toilet. (I am a spoiled American.)

1 comment:

  1. when Steve took a product called Univera he was really down with a fever and chills. It was detox for him. Hopefully you are getting the results they want and will come home ready to experience wholeness. I know what you mean about toilet paper in trash cans... we are spoiled. thank you for sharing. Keeping you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete