Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday Download

On Tuesdays, just about a mile from my home, they are killing babies! (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/centerDetails.asp?f=2358&a=90070&v=details#!service=abortion)   I go there to try and stop them – by praying, talking, pleading.  So, on Tuesdays, when I get home, I am emotionally drained, spiritually grieved, and physically tired.  A nap always finds its place with me on Tuesday.  Yet, while I am there, I am so encouraged to be with other believers that set aside their time to try and save lives.  They are precious people – heroes.

Since I am unloading today – don’t expect this to be an easy or encouraging read.  Things coming from me on Tuesdays will always be hard.

Today there was an interesting situation.  A camera crew showed up from Channel 62. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRCA)  Being the curious person I am, I approached the interviewer to ask why he was there. He explained to me that the house he was filming  (right next to the abortion mill parking lot) had dogs that bit four people yesterday. (http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ci_21088856/two-dogs-including-pitbull-bite-four-people-uptown). 

 I told him he was at the wrong location, that the real story was right next door, where I was.  I explained that there were 20 babies that would be killed in that building today.  He asked if I could arrange interviews with the victims, and before I could answer, he had his cameraman drive their vehicle into the parking lot of Planned Parenthood.  I soon came to realize that we had some translation problems – so I broke out my rusty Spanish and told him about the abortions, and that I am with a few people praying.  (And really – how do you interview murder victims?)

He admitted that it would be a great story, but for another time.  He said he would pitch the idea to his boss.  However, today he was hired to get the story of the dogs.  He spent the next several hours interviewing everyone who walked by.  I didn’t realize how many Spanish-speaking people walked right up Greenleaf everyday.  He was batting a thousand.  He never resorted to English.  I actually had just told him that Planned Parenthood is a concern, also because of its target of minorities.  Most of the young women who enter are Hispanic.  This is a mean genetic cleansing.

So, rather a sad commentary on what is newsworthy.  We can perform legal killings and the news coverage is non-existent.  It was true in Germany too, during World War II.  The Holocaust was happening – the legal killing of Jews – and there was no outcry from the neighborhood Germans.  There was no outcry from the workers who carried out the beyond-words-horrible-deed.  Though today – the Holocaust continues to be known as a  horrible blemish on Germany and the world for standing by for too long.  One day, when we all wake up to the horror of abortion, when eyes are opened, and excuses are seen for the lameness that they are – we will again be horror stricken that “man” could be so evil.

The news today:  Here is a house in which 2 dogs live.  They bit 4 people yesterday.  No one was seriously injured.
The news that should have been today:  Here is a building in which people are paid to kill and remove babies from the wombs of complicit women.  Twenty babies will die today.  Twenty women will have their lives permanently altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment